Friday, October 16, 2015

What was the best advice that your parents had given you?

Answer by Thomas Zerbarini:
This is what my parents shared with me that I remember and credit their advice both directly and indirectly.

  • If you have a hard time saying you Love someone, show them you Love them with your actions.
  • Be honest with yourself and others--always.
  • Share your feelings, don't bottle them up inside
  • Talk and be open and honest with others, (an honest person talks in detail, a dishonest person avoids conversation and lacks detail)
  • Make eye contact, (the eyes are the window to the soul)
  • Never, never leave your wingman (take care of your family and friends)
  • Stand up for others; help those that are bullied, teased, lonely, struggling, afraid, hurt, etc...
  • Finish what you start
  • Clean your room
My father always had a lot to say and a lot of advice and direction to offer. My mother was quiet and didn't say much. I learned a lot from both of them. Learning was a choice for me to listen and watch from my parents and others. I left behind the bad advice and habits I observed and kept and good advice and teachings that I could use to try and be a better person.

Thanks for the question. It's nice to remember and ponder what I learned from my parents. It feels good to give credit where credit is due.

Thomas Zerbarini
What was the best advice that your parents had given you?

No comments:

Post a Comment