Thursday, July 7, 2016

What do I do between graduating at Embry Riddle and being hired as a professional pilot?

My answer to What do I do between graduating at Embry Riddle and being hired as a professional pilot?

Answer by Thomas Zerbarini:

First of all, being a professional pilot is a mindset, an attitude an approach to how you act and behave as a pilot. So, you are a professional if you act like one. Check out these Code of Ethics I’ve posted on my blog.

Thomas Zerbarini – Code of Ethics

When you graduate you should be seeking to build your flight time and experience. Being an instructor and teaching is one of the best ways to gain knowledge and experience. Also, check out the many charter outfits out there looking for pilots and first officers. Right now, many charter companies are struggling to find enough pilots.

I’d also recommend doing some volunteer work in your spare time. Local community stuff and some aviation interest at a museum or airport too.

Keep your social media professional too. I can’t stress that enough.

It is a great time to get started as a professional pilot. Keep plugging away at gaining good experience and developing a well rounded “you.”

Thomas Zerbarini

What do I do between graduating at Embry Riddle and being hired as a professional pilot?

No comments:

Post a Comment