Tuesday, December 1, 2015

What would be a good way to incentive parenting classes for new and existing parents?

Answer by Thomas Zerbarini:
I'm not sure there is a catch all way to motivate all parents to be good parents.

Personally, I find that I want my children to be:

  • Happy
  • Safe
  • Free from Bullies
  • Educated
  • Honest
  • Engaged
  • Successful
  • Outgoing
  • Loyal
  • A good brother or sister
  • A good friend
  • Friendly
  • God Fearing
  • Analytical
  • Brave
  • Good Leaders as well as good followers
  • Loving
  • Respectful
  • Healthy
  • Clean
  • Energetic
  • Funny
  • Musical

The funny part about it, is that I want and strive for the same things myself. So, I think it is safe to deduce that you need to educate people how to be good people first. Then, you'll have good people wanting to be good parents.

Values like family, honor and integrity seem to be less taught or emphasized these days. We seem to be shifting more to a society striving for self gratification and personal entitlement instead of for the greater good of your family, neighborhood, city, state, and even country. I believe that if a person cares about the bigger picture of their role in this society that they will care about how they interface with it. I think that is the basis for a person wanting to be a good person, sibling, child, spouse and yes a parent.

I have a lot more personal observation and opinion on this if anyone would like to comment and add to the subject. I'd love to hear what other think about this subject.

Thomas Zerbarini
What would be a good way to incentive parenting classes for new and existing parents?

No comments:

Post a Comment